7.29.2007

I Finished HARRY POTTER 7


So I have been in Port Hueneme California since the 24th of July for my job and i have been reading Harry Potter to pass the time when i get out of class. First off, to me, this was probably the best book I've read. It picked right up and started tying up all the loose ends. J.K. Rowling did a very good job with the series and especially this last book. I am not a reader but i have read all of these books. To prepare myself for this book i got online and read a cliff notes version of book 6 so i could remember what had gone on. I am really glad that i did. Also while online i decided to read a couple of spoilers (this was before the book was released) but none of the three that i read were true so it must of been a bunch of hype. So everyday after school i would come back to my hotel room and read the book in my chair. It would get so good that i wouldn't want to put it down. The book got a little slow for me in the middle because it felt like they kept doing the same thing over and over and over and over (i guess you get the point) And probably the one part i didn't really care for was the epilogue. Of course it was written 8 years ago or whatever but i just seemed like it wasn't part of the story line. I am really glad that it didn't get spoiled for me from the news or anything and that i could read it for myself. I am not going to give it away but those are just my thoughts. Highly recommended from me to anyone. I cant wait for Kayla to start reading it so we can talk about it!

3 comments:

McKenzie Ann said...

Yes Josh, I completely know what you mean in the middle of the book. It was still good and everything...but they DID keep doing the same thing, then they went to the Malfoy's where their luck changed. I really enjoyed this book. It was J.K. Rowling's masterpiece. I had no clue what the Deathly Hallows were before! Besides the middle, the rest of the book was pretty fast moving. I also agree that she could have done better with the epilogue. Overall, the book was amazing! It somehow encorporated (spelling? lol) all the details of all the previous books. I loved it. How close it Kayla in the books? Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

When I got my copy, I curled up in a ball (not hard to do seems how I'm round anyhow) with a bucket of cookie dough and devoured the whole thing. It was great! It was fantabulous! Loved the ending. The last bite is always the best. Haven't read the book yet though. :) Marvin

Anonymous said...

By the way I'm Marvin if you didn't get it. Brady :)