8.26.2008

delema solved

THANK YOU to all those who helped us in our predicament by voting for our new kitchen/dining room flooring. Hands down everyone in the bloggerhood voted for the darker of the two woods. However those who saw the options in person voted for the lighter wood. So we decided that although your help was much appreciated we thought best to go with the lighter wood. As we soon discovered deciding on the color of wood was the least of our problems! We thought this to be a project that might take a day and a half at the most – well we started Thursday evening worked on it ALL DAY Friday, Saturday and most of Sunday… I thought it might never end! It didn’t help that as we were finishing up the floor I decided it would be a good idea to paint… PAINT are you CRAZY!?! Yes, yes I am. So we painted as well. For three days our entire kitchen was in our living room- it was a dreadful few days! Done at last, done at last thank God all mighty we are done at last!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow guys. It looks awesome and lots of hard work. Kudos to you both!

Kyle and Reesie said...

Kayla, it looks amazing! I am sure you are loving it now, even though it was a major pain to do. Thanks for the comment on our blog. Really, the fabric market is my favorite thing too. I just wish I would have only brought like 2 things to wear so I could make everything I have ever wanted and have room in our bags to take it home with us. We are excited to go check it out again. I did not know you were an interior design major!