2.06.2008

Happy Early Valentines Day

Kayla and I have a couple of busy weekends a head of us so we decided that we aren't going to celebrate Valentine's Day. In the past I tend to have gone overboard, and for some unknown reason end up at Kayla's work with flowers and candy. But this year I am really not going to do that. This year the day after Valentine's Day we will be on a plane heading to Florida to go on our cruise so any flowers that I purchase would just sit in our unattended house to die. Totally not worth the $50.00 to not enjoy them. So to make it up to Kayla I made her chocolate covered strawberries, pretzles, cinnamon lips and straberry flavored peeps (shaped like hearts of course.) Even though we don't need these delicious treats I couldn't help but let them get the best of me. I ate 3 tonight and will probalby eat several more tomorrow. I love my valentine.


Here's the picture of how they turned out. They are sooooooo good. I am hoping to be able to save some to take on our trip to Idaho this weekend. but my sarcastic, yet practical, inner-self says YEAH RIGHT!!

5 comments:

Beckey said...

Florida? You suck! It is freezing up here and I would do anything to have some warm sunshine! Please enjoy it for me too! Please?

bRADy rEEVEs said...

Um you had better save some for your Idaho trip, cuz I'm going to be there, and I want to try one. : )

The Asper's said...

Um-- Excuse me, can you please have a sit down with my husband and explain the genius logic behind doing things for your wife.

Last year, I was at work and all these flowers kept being delivered-- None for me, so I think he just has them at home for me-- NO, not even the grocery store $1 bunch.

So really, I'm begging you-- Please talk to Kendall.

katherine purser said...

your food looks delicious!!! we have a blog now, mkpurser.blogspot.com, check it out! have fun on the cruise!

McKenzie Ann said...

Those look really good. I hope that you are having fun on the cruise. You are such a great husband! You guys will have to post about your cruise!