1.27.2008

Happy Birthday to GREAT GREAT GRANDMA STEED!!

So generally we have a birthday dinner for all those in my family in the month that there is a birthday. Well my family is a bit unique, in that EVERYBODY has a birthday in January or August, except for Cody who is in June. On the 27th we celebrated Hadly, Kayla, Sandi, Weston and Great Grandma Steed's birthday. It was actually quite good. We ate ham and potatoes at my parents then all went to see Grandma Steed. It was actually her birthday and it was quite squishy in her little apartment with 9 people. First off she doesn't have that many chairs so we had to pull two in from the hall and secondly there is barely room for the stuff she has without having to add 4 chairs from what is already there. I think it was everything an 87 year old woman could want. We all don't get over there as often as we should and to have us all there at once was great for her. She loves our family very much. Enjoy the pictures of her and her GREAT GREAT GRANDCHILDREN...... It's almost a miracle she can handle both of them on her lap but you can tell she loves it.

When we got home from Grandma's we turned on the TV and saw that President Hinckley had passed. It was with great shock to me but I thought it was great to have had him as president of the Church. I really don't ever remember any other one because I was either inactive or didn't care really about what was going on in the church. A great thought I heard at church went something like this...

When I die I want to buried with my fork. My fork, because you have to "keep your fork for dessert." So it can be said that the best is yet to come. Lucky for him he can be with his wife and other family. Oh the greatness he has set forth and blessing we enjoy because of him.

2 comments:

McKenzie Ann said...

Kayla...that sounds like a good game plan to have birthday dinners all together for the month. I actually have read that e-mail about the fork thing. It was a very good e-mail. I know that President Hinckley is happy to be with his wife again. He missed her so much! They called the new Presidency. Pres. Monson (President), Pres. Eyering(1st coun.) and Pres Uchtdorf(2nd coun.) Anyway, I love reading your blog. By the way, I am glad that my little math table helped you. Math can be hard at times, I actually do know that! Whew, I have having a hard time right now in the one I am in. It was really nice to hear from you. Hope all is well.

bRADy rEEVEs said...

Ralphie, cool blogaroo. Can't wait for next weekend. Hope you're still planning on it. :) Call you tomorrow or something.