5.14.2007

Marathon day for our mothers

Yesterday was hectic. We were moving all day long. I started at 6:45 am and finally fell asleep at about 10:30 pm just to get up this morning at 4:45. So my new calling is the Elders quorum president and I was supposed to be at a meeting at 7:30. But nobody told me it was cancelled so I just went back home to my family. (oh those precious hours of sleep that I could have had!) Anyway, we went to sacrament meeting and Sunday school at our ward then we went to sacrament with my mom then ate lunch/dinner at the Anderson's. Oh yeah and I made homemade ice cream sandwiches and they were GOOD!! And everybody said they were good so thanks for being honest! Wyatt was so tired he was falling asleep while sitting on Grandpa Jeff's lap at the table. Those few seconds of head bobbing and about 20 minutes in the car for traveling is all the nap he had. Yes that makes a 9 month old CRANKY!

I love giving gifts but I hate giving useless junk for the sake of giving a gift. I am of the philosophy that they are established enough that if they need it or want it then they buy it for themselves. So for me to buy them just any old thing is pointless so we tried to make it more personable and something that they could cherish. PICTURES of Wyatt and Hadly (my brothers daughter) for my side and a scrapbook for Kayla’s.

Kayla got a bunch of new clothes for work.
Kellie (My mom) got the picture attached (one copy for the house and one for her desk)
Sharleen (Mother-in-law) got a new scrapbook of pictures. We took plastic tote full of photos from the 1990’s put them on scrapbook paper. Only about a million more to go!!
Grandma Sherrod got a copy of the picture attached
Great-grandma Steed got a copy of the picture attached
Grandma Taylor got …did we get her anything? Not that I can remember. I’ll have to go fix her TV for sure now. ( I would do it regardless)

The influence of these women is so wonderful and I loved every second visiting with them yesterday. We would not be her today if it were not for them. They are so great and we love them to death.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elders Quarom President huh? I don't quite know what to say to that....congratulations. :) Good luck! Brady