5.08.2007

Roxy had a birthday


Roxy’s birthday was May 5th. She turned 2 years old, so if my calculations are correct I believe that equals to be about 14 in dog years. Who knows?? She is so lazy compared to what she was when we got her in August of 2005. Overall she is a great animal. We do treat her special and when I say special I mean she is so spoiled compared to the dogs that I had when I was growing up. All the dogs I ever had always lived out back in the kennel and were only let out to feed and go hunting. It was the most highly despised chore to clean and feed them until we got horses and I had to help take care of them. I absolutely hated it! But now, even though I claim not to have a dog (because she is my wife’s dog and I don’t like animals), I feed her every morning and enjoy playing with her when she is not so hyper.
One day in Costco I saw a pet bed so I decided that I would buy it for her. Up until that point I had actually made her one out of some plywood and a pillow but she just chewed it to pieces. I think that was the main reason for me buying it (some think it was because I like her so much). But believe me I will not buy her a dog stroller or a purse for my wife to put her in because after all she is still a dog.
For her birthday we had Kayla’s family over to eat some make-shift pies. Make-shift in a sense that they were put together about 25 minutes before everybody was going to arrive. The cherry pie looked great but tasted mediocre. I think it was because the cherries were “no sugar added”. It wasn’t very good to me. The chocolate pudding pie was a little better because it was a little bit sweeter but it was “soupy” and loaded with chunks of cream cheese. It tasted fine but it fell apart after it was cut. Everybody said they both tasted fine but Kayla and I both agreed that they were being nice. Honesty is fine with us!
Roxy didn’t get any gifts because she already has way to many. However, Kayla did find a half eaten bone behind the couch and gave it to her to finish but I think it might have made it back behind the couch before the night was over. She did get a homemade hat with her name on it but she didn’t like it so much so Wyatt pretty much took it over.

0 comments: