6.18.2008

TDY




For those that might not know TDY means Temporary Duty Yonder. That means I am in the city of California Maryland attending a class and not at my regular desk at Hill AFB. I left last Sunday morning which was hectic because Saturday was graduation and Kayla had a wedding shower for Anna Parker at our house so we were rushing to et the house clean and food cooked in between all of the festivities of the graduation. I didn’t get my bag packed until about 11 pm and had to be at the airport by 6:30 am. Wyatt wasn't much of a helper to get my bags packed because he would unpack everything I packed. Then he'd jump in there and play around. I didn’t forget anything but I hate being rushed. Well I made it to the Baltimore airport but my luggage didn’t. So my options were to drive the hour and a half to the airport and have them bring it out in two days or wait in the airport for two hours and take it with me because it was on the next flight. I chose to wait and they gave me a voucher for food, so I went and ate dinner free…then they gave me a $150 travel voucher because of my willingness to stay and not be so mean. I didn’t really have anything to do. My suitcase came in on the next flight, I picked up my rental car (a dodge caliber – sparkly blue) and made my way to my hotel. I am so glad I had my GPS. I would recommend it to anybody because it is a life and time saver!! Such a great invention and well worth the investment!!! My hotel room was a smoking room with two double beds but on Wednesday I got to switch to a king suite! It is twice the size, a huge jetted tub (Kayla loved it) and a couch, chair, table and non smoking!

1 comments:

Kyle and Reesie said...

Oh my word, my old friend Kayla. I haven't seen you for years! This is Kyle if you haven't figured it out! It looks like you and your family are doing great. We would love to see you sometime. Feels free to take a look at our blog (if you're interested): kcdjohnson.blogspot.com