6.22.2007

Anderson Family Reunion

We had the Anderson family reunion this weekend. We were going to take the Jeep and just sleep in a tent but when I left work on Thursday afternoon it began leaking anti-freeze all over. So I determined that my water pump has gone out, AGAIN! It is awful because I am not a mechanic and I just replaced it last April. Needless to say I wasn’t going to drive it down to Fish Lake National Forest. We ended up taking my parents truck so we decided to take their trailer too. Katherine and Marc came with us. It is a very long drive hauling a trailer but it was good because we could set Wyatt down on the floor and that way he wouldn’t have to play in the dirt the entire time. This was his first camping trip and I think he really was AMAZED with fire, DESPISED bug spray being sprayed on him and HATED sleeping in his pack n’ play…other than that it was awesome.

We were at Elkhorn campground which was a really NICE site but the first 3 miles of that dirt road are really, really bad (washboard) then the last mile is lots of switch backs on a narrow road. I was a little nervous pulling the trailer but it all worked out ok. Our directions were pretty clear on how to get there and where to turn but the sign that told us where to turn was broken so, needless to say we passed it by about 40 miles. It was awful but on our way back we found it no problem because the sign for those going south bound was in perfect condition. Anyway, there wasn’t as many people like in years past but it was still fun. We went geocaching on Saturday with Kayla’s aunt and uncle’s family. I think I found me a new hobby and both Kayla and I really liked it. It’s kind of like a modern day treasure hunt with a GPS. Sunday we went on a hike it was almost a straight up hill climb but it was good at the top, then we drove home.

0 comments: