6.24.2007

Top of Thousand Lake Mountain

We hiked to the peak of Thousand Lake Mountain, elevation approximately 11,300 feet. I am pretty sure we started at about sea level (there was a lake when we started so I think that counts) and it was straight uphill, practically vertical, from there. OK well maybe not that extreme but it was definitely steep! Once you got to the top it was a plateau and a nice walk to the peak. At the top of a pile of rocks there was a mail box and some paper where you could sign your name. We took Roxy with us and I think she made the hike about twice because she ran up and down the trail then out in the woods just sniffing like a Hoover vacuum. I packed Wyatt, in the Snugli, on my back the entire time. I didn’t think it would be that difficult, and it really wasn’t, until he fell asleep then I was just hauling dead weight. He didn’t cry or anything so I think that he enjoyed it ok. Kayla made it about ½ way before her asthma kicked in pretty bad and she just decided to sit and wait for us because she didn’t have an inhaler. It felt like it was only about 20 minutes to climb down after it took about 90 minutes to climb up. It was a fun hike but I won’t ever do it again. Sort of a been there done that attitude I guess, but I did enjoy it.















Marc and Katherine















The Stuart's and Megan

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at that attractive family sitting up there. And we started at about 9800 feet. Nice try. ha ha ha