6.02.2007

Natural Born Swimmer

It was Wyatt’s first time in a swimming pool. I think his overall reaction was, as cousin Jeffrey would say, “WHY?” We bought him that floating thingy so he could just sit there and watch as we played. I am sure he was pretty bored and just wondering when he could get out of that dumb tube. As in any public pool there are always the rowdy ones. These kids were splashing up a storm and Wyatt hated every second of getting splashed by somebody else so he’d cry a little bit but not too bad. He loves to splash around in the tub at home so I was a little surprised. Actually he did really well and at one point he almost fell asleep because he was so comfortable. He looked rather content playing with the water and pool toys we bought him. I personally love the water and could spend days just swimming and water skiing or wake boarding so I guess having a pool so close to us is a great advantage. I bet Wyatt will love it too and he certainly will if he takes after me.

We took Wyatt’s Anderson cousins with us and they really enjoyed it too. Well, at lease Jayne and Jeffrey did. Iaasic was too scared to be in his floating thingy like Wyatt's but he stayed in the pool as long as Natalie held him. I can’t wait until Wyatt gets to be Jayne or Jeffrey’s age so we can splash around and have a lot more fun rather than just sitting there waiting to be splashed so he can cry. I guess all in due time we will have all the joys of getting him excited to do fun activities like swimming.

1 comments:

Beckey said...

Hey Josh, this is Beckey, Brady's sister, LONG time no see! Anyway, I saw our comment on McKenzie's blog and got your site off of hers. I didn't know you had a baby, he is very cute! Anyway, glad to see another blogger, it is addicting isn't it? Maybe just for me...

-Beckey