6.06.2007

Cry yourself to sleep


When Kayla was pregnant and we were going to the OB every other day to do stress tests, I picked up a magazine and read about the different kinds of baby cries. Oh how I wish I would have remembered what all of them meant (like they really tell you for certain) or that Wyatt could talk so I could understand what he wants. Just recently, Wyatt has started these melt downs. I am talking about major crying (no it’s more like SERIOUS weeping) and we don’t know why. We’ve tried all the obvious things like feeding, changing and playing with him, but to no avail the crisis prevails. Sometimes if you pick him up he stops but the second you’re done holding him, sit down, stop walking around or have to set him down to do something WHAM it is as loud as ever. A bottle always seems to get him to calm down for the few minutes it takes him to drink it. We have been trying to feed him more "regular" food so he usually gets a bottle in the morning, one in the afternoon and then one right before bed. So last night after about 20 minutes of constant crying I tried giving him some more baby oatmeal mixed with bananas and yogurt. At first I just shoved it in his mouth while it is open from crying. The second he felt it on his tongue he stopped crying and started wondering: “What the heck is this stuff?” then calmed down enough to eat it (well some of it). But last night he wore himself right out. About half way through feeding him he just fell asleep. You can tell when he has finally given in, and let the sleep take over, when his eyes start getting so heavy and he tries to put his head down. It was just so stinkin’ cute when he fell asleep because he still had the food on his face, spoon in hand and bib around his neck like he was having a feast! Kayla and I just laughed at him quietly so as not to wake him, then took some pictures. Needless to say I put him in his crib and he took about a 1 hour nap which is rare for him but it made him much more fun for the rest of the night. I guess he just likes to fight back the sleep.

4 comments:

McKenzie Ann said...

Hello guys.
I just wanted to say how cute your blog is. Your little boy is growing up so fast and is adorable. Anyways, I do not update my blog much. I wondered if you knew how to put a video clip on the blog. I know you can, I have seen it. I just don't know how. And if ANYONE would know how...it would be you. Haha. Anyway, I have added you as a link on my blog.
Thanks

Josh said...

You have to load your video on a video site like youtube.com or google has one called picasa I think. Then they usually give you some html code you just need to paste into your blog. The sites like youtube explain it much better and make it very easy.

Anonymous said...

That's a cute picture.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was me, Brady. :)